|Role and Responsibilities|
Patient Financial Specialist are responsible for interacting with and providing exceptional customer service to patients and their families, including responding to questions, providing information, and serving as liaisons for our clients. Coordinates activities between different departments and handle all communication and complaints. The Patient Financial Specialist 2 must be a team player with exceptional customer service abilities and strong computer skills. Must be comfortable working in call center environment. Medical terminology knowledge and clinical customer service experience is highly preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answer inbound telephone calls and assists patients by providing information or directing them to the appropriate area, in a pleasant and professional manner.
· Utilize different PMS and HER systems to accurately and efficiently document and task messages to the appropriate practice.
· Collect and post patient payments.
· Accurately verifying patient demographics and insurance coverage.
· Update primary and secondary insurance information.
· Validate and request patient credits/refunds
· Direct patient to the appropriate collection agency for payments.
· Assist with patient poral registration.
· Explain insurance coverage.
· Perform outbound calls to collect past due balances and resolve COB denials.
· Knowledge of customer service principles and techniques.
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Ability to communicate calmly and clearly over the phone.
· Ability to maintain a professional manner even under stressful situations.
· 1 year of experience in customer service or a healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
· B2+ Level English written and oral.
· Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, sufficient for both internal and customer-facing communications.
· Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines is a plus.