|Job Function||Collections – Payment Posting|
|General description||Payment posting refers to logging of insurance payments and transactions made on the basis of EOB and ERAs received as well as entering patient payments. This process helps consolidate the payments and determine the financial picture of medical practice.|
|Experience Range||1-6 years|
|Compensation||Upto 32K INR monthly, subject to years of experince and level of exposure|
|Job Timing||07:30AM to 05:00 PM IST|
|Duties & Responsibilities||• Completing payment entry in a timely and accurate manner as per SSAE-18 Guidelines, which includes but is not limited to|
• Posting payments to practice management system within 24 hours
• Posting Credit Card payments within 24 hours
• Recording and balancing batches and running transaction reports. Also ensuring that payments are posted back to the original deposit amounts
• Verifying all EFT deposits and scanned checks have been posted by month end.
• Ensuring that EOBs/ERAs are downloaded from all the sources – clearing house, payer portals • Posting patient statements accurately and correctly in patients accounts. Ensuring that co-pay and deductible balances are moved correctly to patient responsibility
• Reviewing the payment information to ensure that there is no missing or incomplete information. • Properly posting denials in practice management system and communicating the same with accounts receivable team for timely follow-up.
• Identifying if payments are not being paid at the allowed/contracted amount and communicating the same with accounts receivable team for timely follow-up.
|Education||Graduate in any stream|
|Training/Work Experience||Billing & Payment posting training and/or 1 year of industry experience in the relevant function|
|Other Specifications||• Good English communication (reading, writing) |
• Understanding of US healthcare, HIPAA
• Good at MS Office
• Experience in using RCM Software
• Capable of task execution based on work instructions