Role and Responsibilities
The Performance Management Analyst will be responsible for collecting, creating, utilizing reporting, data and analytics to assess solutions that will achieve optimal revenue cycle management performance and financial objectives of our clients. This person will breakdown and analyze larger revenue cycle data information to determine trends, issues and propose systemic issue resolution. The Performance Management Analyst is responsible for developing strategies which will improve basic daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue cycle metrics designed to achieve the highest level of reimbursement for services provided by our clients in a compliant and cost-effective manner.
In this role, the Performance Management Analyst will determine and measure key metrics for the revenue cycle, prepare systemic action plans and drive discussions with the RCM Operations teams and leaders. This person will be responsible for supporting the Client Success Consultants in analyzing charges, payments, encounters, A/R and denials data for our client to decrease the percentage of denials, improve collections on claims and identify practice trends. Other actions include auditing, managing, monitoring and reporting on trends and recommending education to address processes to prevent further claims denials and rework requirements. This job can be located remotely.
- Monitors assigned KPIs related to Revenue Cycle Operations across all facilities
- Collects, analyses and presents data for assigned clients and team.
- Meets regularly with all impacted individuals to review analysis results, identify improvement opportunities and communicate impact.
- Recommends changes to the workflow, as necessary, to best meet the needs of the organization.
- Meets with necessary stakeholders to ensure best practices are in place or fully utilized.
- Determine required attendees and discussion items including the progress on the metrics and the action items.
- Provides detailed monthly report of top issues impacting metrics, including company-wide comparison and impact to leaders.
- Completes ad hoc reporting requests.
- Keeps abreast of current changes regarding Revenue Cycle trends that may affect health care systems/facilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
- Extensive critical and analytical thinking skills required.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Extensive data mining capabilities with the ability to derive operational opportunities.
- Self-motivated, highly developed leadership skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a matrix mode.
Education and Experience:
- This role typically requires a bachelor’s degree. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
- 3+ experience working with providers in operations (e.g. Patient Access, CDM, revenue integrity, Patient Financial Services), compliance, clinical or finance areas.
- Experience and knowledge in federal, state and commercial billing, compliance and reimbursement regulations.
- Experienced in healthcare revenue cycle including complex issue investigation, root cause identification and solution implementation.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds