Job Title: Operations Consultant
Location: CA, FL, MD, NC, NV, TX
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operations Consultant performs as the project leader responsible for the successful planning, scheduling and completion of multiple client operations and improvement projects such as client revenue cycle management, credentialing, coding, and client productivity. Serves as the client’s team leader directing and or coordinating the work activities of staff members who work on the client’s account. Utilizes a structured methodology to analyze organizational systems and processes, to make recommendations for operational improvements, and to coordinate implementation of changes. Works through individual and team approaches. Works independently with varying degrees of supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates effectively with assigned clients, administration, department directors, project leaders and team members on a regular basis to ensure effective project outcomes.
- Conducts regular client meetings to review project status and initiate and prioritize performance improvement opportunities.
- Maintains database integrity and operational reports to support client and organizational performance improvement and benchmarking efforts. This could include financial, operational and clinical databases.
- Provides decision support to clients, administration, department directors, and managers to support planning and operational decisions and improvements.
- Designs and generates reports by determining the client’s needs and by collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. Utilizes various software applications including spreadsheet, database, report writer and Power BI.
- Utilizes a systems approach to conduct client’s operational analyses of systems and processes, applying various techniques. Participates in the design and implementation of operational improvement strategies and monitors effectiveness. May conduct educational sessions related to benchmarking process control.
- Maintains professional growth by participation in educational programs and professional organizations and activities to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Participates in the company’s Leadership Development Program.
- Acts as project leader, coordinating and supporting the work of a project team. Develops project approaches and prepares detailed work plans for the successful and timely completion of projects. Conducts research and other preparatory activity prior to initiation of projects to ensure state-of-the-art approaches and solutions to problems. Informs manager of project status.
- Establishes clear organizational structures for assigned operations teams, including responsibilities and accountabilities of individuals. Meets deadlines and performance goals.
- Ensure effective internal communications both within the operations team and across the organization.
- Ensure effective external communications with clients, vendors and supporting entities.
- May conduct educational sessions to train client personnel on the use of specific systems, process improvement and quality management tools and techniques.
- May assist in conducting additional sessions in support of the management development program of the clients.
- Maintains regular communication with management to identify and plan for upcoming organizational changes impacting operational efficiency.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested
- Self-directed minimal supervision required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- People management and team-building abilities
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute
- Creativity, self-confidence and flexibility
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, database, Power Point, and graphic presentation software
- Sensitive to the dynamic interplay that occurs between systems and clients
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills
- Willingness to travel (required) with potential for extended-stay assignments away from home location
- Maintain courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- A./B.S. in related field (May by substituted with relevant work experience.)
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing teams or 5 years in healthcare consulting or physician revenue cycle management.
- Ability to travel is required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Must possess a high level of professionalism
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds