Health Prime was created by Physicians to take the burden off Physician practices so they can get back to what matters most – their patients. We have a proven track record of proactively assisting physicians and their practices to provide highest quality healthcare to the communities. We do this through our extensive experience, deep expertise & proprietary technology stack across the entire healthcare revenue cycle.
Our values are at the core of everything we do – customer success, integrity, innovation, teamwork, and professional development.
Health Prime operates globally with presence in the United States, India, and Costa Rica. In India, we have strategic delivery centers in Mumbai and Bangalore. We deliver multi-specialty services to our clients from these locations.
Position Overview: The Coder is responsible for accurately and efficiently (maintaining quality and productivity standards) identifying and assigning medical codes for payment based on medical records or other documentation as provided. This may or may not include capturing MIPS data appropriately.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Provide CPT, ICD10, modifier[s], and MIPS coding services for advanced medical specialties, including Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, inpatient and outpatient professional services.
– Investigate and resolve coding denials and documentation discrepancies.
– Special projects as assigned.
– Provide coding services through computer-assisted vendor and for high profile clients
Required Skills & Abilities:
– Communication Skills: Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively by phone, system notes, email, etc.
– Results Oriented: The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s one work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals and meeting or exceeding them.
– Detail Oriented: Careful and with a focus on quality in accomplishing tasks.
– Time-Management: Manages own time; takes personal responsibility for timeliness of work priorities and resources to achieve results and goals.
– Critical Thinking/Problem Solving: Ability to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key/underlying issues.
– Coach ability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement
– Ethics: Has personal and professional ethics and fosters a diverse and respectful workplace.
– Technological: Demonstrates ability to use technology to create efficient processes and organizational methods. Demonstrates basic understanding of billing system; able to complete basic tasks based on job function.
– Team work: Ability to work well in a team setting.
– Proactive approach to monitoring client status
– Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, work responsibilities
Education & Experience:
– Some college preferred
– 3+ year’s industry experience
– Certified Coder Certification required from AHIMA or AAPC; specialty certification a plus
– Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and EMR applications (EPIC, CERNER, etc.) a plus
– Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
– Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds