The Implementation Specialist is responsible for establishing and building relationships throughout the client’s onboarding experience to promote service/solution adoption and optimize performance, leading to client satisfaction and retention.
The Implementation Specialist will serve as one of the primary points of contact for all day-to-day activities within Onboarding & Implementation. This person will be responsible for managing, tracking, and supporting a variety of projects simultaneously throughout all project phases of RCM implementations. The Implementation Specialist will work closely with customers to lead projects with industry professionals including, but not limited to, clinical staff, providers, executives, vendors, internal cross-functional teams, and stakeholders to implement Health Prime service offerings.
In this role, the successful candidate will communicate and maintain appropriate project plans that identify scope, required tasks, manage resource planning/allocation, and monitor progress. The Implementation Specialists will work with peers in a highly collaborative fashion and take accountability for developing a deep understanding of project tasks while entirely focused on delivering high quality client services. Ultimately on point to help identify and resolve issues quickly while giving full visibility at all stakeholder levels at any given project phase.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead end-to-end implementation processes including current state discovery, workflow design, client training, go-live and post-go live stabilization activities.
- Organize and track projects, proactively manage risks, manage project escalations, prioritize tasks, and meet specific business objectives.
- Lead and contribute to development of scope(s), in consultation with applicable stakeholders; lead functional teams through implementation initiatives within established timeline(s).
- Manage deliverables across internal teams that span all functional areas of the organization such as Provider/Payer Enrollments, EDI, Credentialing, Contracting, Compliance, Scheduling, Coding, Billing, Follow Up, Transactions, Patient Financial Services.
- Leverage existing playbooks to develop project plans that include implementation timelines, identifying stakeholders and project leaders, setting deliverable dates, and achieving key milestones towards completion and value realization.
- Prepare and present status updates to stakeholders, including senior leadership, to highlight current project status, identified risks and assumptions, and functional milestones.
- Manage reporting dashboards to provide transparency of implementations and other organization initiatives.
- Manage deadlines and navigate competing priorities for project team members to ensure timeliness of project completion.
- Work independently and decisively using project management best practices and integration framework.
- Create and maintain clear, user-friendly process documentation: templates, tools, process maps and graphical representations.
- Promote, educate, and own the change management process to implement solutions.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Facilitate the transition of stable clients to long-term Client Success and Operations teams.
- Partner with Sales to identify business needs where Health Prime services may address those needs to grow partnership and revenue.
- Commitment to get the project done with high quality and attention to detail on-time.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter who can take initiative and independent ownership of projects.
- Ability to create a variety of written communications for a broad audience with varied levels of understanding.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong business acumen, customer drive, and dedication to quality and success.
- Ability to create a collaborative environment to promote realistic outcomes and goals leading to successful client results.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of relevant terminology, guidelines, and regulations applicable to healthcare, including Out of Network, Balance Billing/Surprise Billing, CMS and HIPAA.
- This role typically requires a bachelor’s degree. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
- 2-3 years’ experience within client facing roles, RCM technology, process improvement, and/or workflow implementations.
- 2-3 years of Revenue Cycle Management experience (Provider/Payer Enrollments, EDI, Credentialing, Contracting, Compliance, Scheduling, Coding, Billing, Follow Up, Transactions, Patient Financial Services).
- 1-3 years EHR implementation experience (NextGen, Athena, Kareo, Epic, eClinical Works, Modernizing Medicine, WebPT, AdvancedMD)
- Healthcare, clinical workflows or financial services industry experience strongly preferred.
- Awareness of basic Lean, Six Sigma and/or Agile principles a plus.
- Ability to travel 25-50% for essential business needs only in accordance with public health, client, or potential client safety protocols and requirements where applicable, to reduce risks during and after travel which may include vaccinations, masks, social distancing, quarantines, and any client site/facility requirements regardless of personal preference (some clients may require an employee to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination before being allowed on site).
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.