Role and Responsibilities
The Supervisor is responsible to meet customer service requirements by ensuring the productivity and quality of billing teams. Coaches and mentors Performance Management Analysts by focusing on quality, productivity, and service. Assists in managing call volume and case volume for HealthPrime client accounts. Handles provider escalations for resolution and works cross functionally to help resolve client problems. Provides suggestions for workflow enhancements and SOPs.
Supervise the medical billing and reimbursement and other operations for an organization that provides revenue cycle management and related services. Assist with the development of policies, procedures, and workflows to ensure maximum efficiency and reimbursement. Oversee staff and organize training to ensure high levels of customer service are maintained and reimbursement goals and objectives are communicated and met. Track and analyze trends and prepare reports for leadership. Ensure compliance with all reimbursement guidelines and regulations.
Utilizes a structured methodology to analyze organizational systems and processes, to make recommendations for operational improvements, and to coordinate implementation of changes. Works through individual and team approaches. Works independently with varying degrees of oversight and supervision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates effectively with direct reports, assigned clients, administration, department managers, project leaders and team members on a regular basis to ensure effective project outcomes.
- Conducts regular staff meetings to review project status and initiate and prioritize performance improvement opportunities.
- Participates in client meetings periodically.
- Provides decision support to clients, administration, department managers, and senior leadership to support planning and operational decisions and improvements.
- Designs and generates reports by determining the organizational needs and by collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. Utilizes various software applications including spreadsheet, database, report writer and Power BI.
- Participates in the design and implementation of operational improvement strategies and monitors effectiveness.
- May conduct educational sessions related to benchmarking process control.
- Establishes clear organizational structures for assigned operations teams and staff, including responsibilities and accountabilities of individuals. Meets deadlines and performance goals.
- Ensure effective external communications with clients, vendors and supporting entities.
- May conduct educational sessions to train personnel on the use of specific systems, process improvement and quality management tools and techniques.
- May assist in conducting additional sessions in support of the management development program of the clients.
- Maintains regular communication with managers and senior management to identify and plan for upcoming organizational changes impacting operational efficiency.
- Provides guidance on assignments and action plans with defined policies and procedures
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested
- People management and team-building abilities
- Ability to prioritize, plan and execute
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills
- Knowledge of managing high volume back-office or call center
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, database, Power Point, and graphic presentation software
- Maintain courteous, professional, and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of medical billing life cycle
- Ability to solve complex problems related to medical billing and AR
- Knowledge of HIPAA
- Strong customer service experience and strong team-oriented vision
- Experience in Practice Management software, Electronic Health Records software, HubSpot, Time Keeping Software, and MS Office Suite including Excel
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
- Must possess a high level of professionalism
- B.A./B.S. in related field (May by substituted with relevant work experience)
- At least 1 to 3 years’ experience in supervising or in a leadership role
- At least 3+ years of medical billing experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds