This position is located on-site at our Lincoln, Nebraska location.
Health Prime was created by Physicians to take the burden off Physician practices so they can get back to what matters most – their patients. We have a proven track record of proactively assisting physicians and their practices to provide highest quality healthcare to the communities. We do this through our extensive experience, deep expertise & proprietary technology stack across the entire healthcare revenue cycle.
Our values are at the core of everything we do – customer success, integrity, innovation, teamwork, and professional development.
Health Prime operates globally with presence in the United States, India, and Costa Rica. In India, we have strategic delivery centers in Mumbai and Bangalore. We deliver multi-specialty services to our clients from these locations.
The Cash Management Associate, is a part of our Cash Management team and will be responsible for processing payments and making deposits on behalf of our clients. Payments come electronically through bank lockboxes and insurance websites or paper payments that are received from patients or insurance companies. They are responsible for recording monetary transactions in appropriate spreadsheets or software. In addition to processing payments, they may also be responsible for scanning of documents.
They will enjoy autonomy and independence while collaborating in a team environment to ensure timely and quality performance for assigned clients.
- Batches lockbox/mail payments and electronic payments using specified tools and processes.
- Processes patient and insurance credit card payments for clients.
- Opens and sorts incoming mail both for cash management processing and other ALN departments.
- Balances posting batches to bank deposit.
- Performs clerical duties of scanning, maintaining, and retrieving of all batches.
- Prepares bank deposit slips for check deposits.
- Compiles collection, disbursement, and bank reconciliation reports.
- Able to problem solve missing payments including electronic fund transfers (EFTs), credit card payments, explanation of benefits (EOBs) and electronic remittance advice (ERAs). Working closely with clients, offshore and billing team members.
- Able to communicate with assigned clients related to day-to-day operations as necessary.
- Identifies trends and communicates to Manager with examples as available.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks while meeting productivity and quality standards.
- Embraces team mentality to ensure work is fully completed each day and month-end balancing deadlines are met.
- Actively participates in team specific meetings, training and education.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills /Attributes
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent reliability and willingness to embrace a team mentality as work is time sensitive.
- Actively supports change.
- Capable of working independently, paying close attention to detail and making timely independent decisions.
- Inspires respect and trust.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent 10 key and mathematical skills required.
- Previous experience working with Athena (GE) Centricity and NextGen billing systems desired but not required.