Health Prime was created by Physicians to take the burden off Physician practices so they can get back to what matters most – their patients. We have a proven track record of proactively assisting physicians and their practices to provide highest quality healthcare to the communities. We do this through our extensive experience, deep expertise & proprietary technology stack across the entire healthcare revenue cycle.
Our values are at the core of everything we do – customer success, integrity, innovation, teamwork, and professional development.
Health Prime operates globally with presence in the United States, India, and Costa Rica. In India, we have strategic delivery centers in Mumbai and Bangalore. We deliver multi-specialty services to our clients from these locations.
Health Prime is seeking an exceptional, credentialed candidate to join our Care Management (CM) team. The Care Manager is responsible for the management of care transitions and individual care planning for high-risk patients. The ideal candidate is always looking to do more, will strive to be a great asset to the team, and provide excellent patient care. He or she is a self-starter and does not wait to be directed to perform daily functions. This role includes constructing a complete care plan and providing a range of care coordination services. To be successful in this position, you must be an outgoing and driven individual who is compassionate to the needs of others.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage care transitions from ER, Hospital and Nursing Home, coordinated with primary care provider staff and hospital staff.
- Individual Care Planning for high-risk patients and prevention/wellness visits
- Coordinate efforts with player/vendor care manager(s) team, primary care provider and their support team as well as community resources.
- Coordination of Clinical Quality Improvement (CQI) Activities.
- Coordinates, provides, and documents patient education plan using standard based practice guidelines.
- Interacts effectively with patients, providing instruction and information, both written and verbal, as appropriate.
- Validates patients understanding of care/intervention recommendations.
- Other duties, as needed.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to effectively engage patients
- Committed to excellence in patient care and customer service
- HIPAA knowledge and understanding
Education & Experience:
- B.A./B.S. in related field, may be substituted with relevant work experience
- Current valid and unrestricted medical assistant or nursing license (Medical Assistant, LPN, RN, LMSW/LCSW, etc.)
- 2-5 years of direct practice experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.