Business Process Analyst (RCO)
Role and Responsibilities
The Business Process Analyst will assist the operational business units by performing data analysis and identifying trends that will allow the RCM unit to analyze and improve business performance. This position works with all levels of management to determine reporting requirements, also must be able to analyze current business processes, understand current environment, identify gaps/pain points in current business process, and assist with the design and implementation of business solutions. Although the position is primarily operational, there role may be customer facing. We’re looking for an outstanding data candidate who not only possesses a high-level analytics acumen, but also excels at working in a cross functional environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop queries, views, reports, and dashboards related to complex clinical and financial data.
- Makes recommendations for enhancements to product, workflow, operating procedures, and processes
- Participate in business process modeling sessions, acting as a documentarian, co-facilitator, facilitator or subject matter expert in planning sessions
- May act as a project manager on some projects
- Completes all duties and projects as assigned based on business needs
- Monitor and analyze revenue cycle data to identify potential issues and opportunities; clearly communicate findings and recommendations to leaders and other stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Prioritize service requests effectively and keep management informed about the status of projects and outstanding requests; escalate barriers through leadership as needed.
- Maintain/Update documentation of current policies and processes
- Perform baseline business analysis by analyzing performance, metrics, organizational structure, resources, core work activities, and existing documentation related to business processes
- Communicated relevant Health Care updates to the RCM operations team
- Proactively review and be informed on industry changes and best practices related to Revenue Cycle, specifically in areas of assigned responsibility; communicate and make recommendations as applicable.
- Assist the RCM division with different tasks and projects, including but not limited to, training, recruitment, and monitoring
- Strong project management experience and organizational skills
- Self-directed minimal supervision required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Process management and team-building abilities
- Ability to plan, execute and control a project, establishing realistic estimates and reporting metrics
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, database, Power Point, and graphic presentation software
- Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills
- Willingness to travel (required)
- Maintain courteous, professional, and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
- High-level understanding of all revenue cycle departments and their key functions and applications.
- Knowledge of HIPAA
- A bachelor’s degree in business, project management, or a related field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Requires knowledge of computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow.
- Broad-based knowledge of medical billing practices, processes, guidelines, and compliance.
- Strong analytics/metrics and cross functional integration.
- Proficiency in PC software tools for reports, analysis, audits, and presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel experience required.
- Strong understanding of software and applications and how to utilizes and integrate software and applications to solve business needs
- No disciplinary actions in the last 6 months (Internal candidates)
- At least 6 months in your current position (Internal candidates)