ALN is now part of the Health Prime family! The Billing Supervisor will work closely with the Billing Manager overseeing employee productivity, training and responding to questions. They will work closely with offshore work processes and performance to improve workflow efficiencies.
The Supervisor will respond to client billing questions, and other inquiries. They will focus on providing timely and quality responses.
The Supervisor is a key member of the ALN management team, working with other leaders to cultivate a collaborate culture within the organization while encouraging high performance in all areas.
- Responsible for team specific training and development of team members, providing feedback and monitoring.
- Provides leadership, direction and effective communication.
- Manages staff level team members.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Mentors team members on the planning and assigning of work as well as training and development.
- Communicates regularly on day-to-day operations with assigned clients.
- Develop client specific and/or standard operating procedures (SOPs) to streamline workflows, ensure consistency and accuracy of the revenue cycle process, maximizing technology to enhance productivity and performance.
- Based upon exposure to feedback from client, offshore or ALN team the Supervisor will advise leadership regarding opportunities for improvement related to client or ALN performance metrics
- Identifies key areas of process improvement and recommends methods of modification, implements approved changes.
- Contributes as needed in the design, communication and implementation of new approaches to reporting, policies, and SOPs, to increase reporting accuracy and influence continuous improvements in operation efficiency.
- Gathers and evaluates the results of billing operations regularly and reports these results to the Billing Manager and/or Director.
- Uses reports, workflow to monitor daily operations and performance and works with leadership to address positive/negative trends.
- Ensures that quality of work is maintained and that compliance policies and procedures are followed through billing operations.
- Supports client RCM meetings by preparing requested material in collaboration with the Manager and Director. Able to document meeting minutes.
- Compile periodic and ad-hoc reports and communicate them to the team including review of codes and carrier specific reports weekly.
- Manages day-to-day vendor activity through established workflow, continuous communications including new processes, changes, projects and issues.
- Able to respond to questions from ALN team and may assist with Billing Specialists duties related to Cash flow and balancing; Aging; Credit balances and collections; Rework targets; Log resolution; Adjustments; Patient Team emails; Offshore questions.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Skills/ Attributes:
- 2-3 years’ experience in Medical Billing preferred.
- Degree in Medical Billing or a similar field is desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook in addition to excellent 10 key and mathematical skills.
- Knowledge of insurance submittal procedures and medical forms (including UB92 and HCFA 1500) and physician reimbursement preferred.
- Previous experience working with Athena (GE) Centricity and NextGen billing systems desired but not required.
- Actively supports change.
- Ability to effectively manage 7-10 employees.
- Capable of making timely independent decisions.
- Inspires respect and trust.